The recipe used is one that may need to be modified a bit to suit your taste:
- 3 lbs of sausage of preference pan sausage from Carroll’s Sausage & Country Store (this had 2 mild to 1 medium ratio). We use their sausage to support a local Turner County business, as well as the sausage spices, add a lovely flavor!
- Brown the sausage.
- Add 3/4 cups of flour and mix in and coat the sausage completely.
- Add in milk until it covers the sausage.
- Stir and stir!
- As it starts to thicken, if it gets too thick, add a bit more milk until it is the desired thickness.
- Salt and pepper to taste!
Sure to be a family favorite especially with homemade biscuits!